There are defining periods for our country and our world; Black Tuesday, Pearl Harbor/WWII, 9/11/War on Terrorism are examples.
We are now living during one of those defining periods.
The Coronavirus Pandemic.
Companies around America are faced with unanticipated closures, needs to address health & well-being of employees, historically abrupt declining revenues, expense reductions out of necessity, and an immediate need to adapt to remote work environments. Although more physically distant, humanity has become more socially connected to these challenges head-on.
Fortunately, there are also some impactful programs for businesses to traverse the next two months. Below are some of the programs that we feel are of tremendous value to businesses during this Pandemic:
- The CARES Act is the federal government’s largest economic response to a crisis this century. Our team is working hard to help you understand what this means moving forward.
- The Family First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) will help protect many people when concerns over healthcare run high.
- The MA WorkShare Program is designed for businesses in Massachusetts that are still operating but need assistance to pay employees.
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans are specifically designed to help small businesses, private, and nonprofit organizations in need.
These programs will save businesses, save jobs, and help us to navigate this Pandemic.
Our second quarter of 2020 will be measured by how well neighbors help each other through this defining period of our lives. We look forward past these temporary challenges while reinventing our businesses to be more successful in our future.
The coming summer will unleash robust community support when our restaurants are fully open and thriving. There now exists a stronger appreciation for small businesses than we have ever experienced. There are a combination of forces that will support small businesses.
We love our clients! We are here to help businesses navigate this defining period!
Jason Maxwell – Founder & CEO
- Behavioral Interviewing: Why it’s Powerful and How to Implement
- Recruiting in 2022: Prohibited Interview Questions, Part 2
- Recruiting in 2022: Prohibited Interview Questions, Part 1
- Interviewing: 3 Best Practices for Hiring Top Talent in 2022
- Minimum Wage Increases in 2022: Four Updates Employers Need to Know
- ACA (3)
- BizFeed (6)
- Business Strategy (89)
- COBRA (5)
- Compliance (92)
- COVID-19 (92)
- Diversity (8)
- eBooks (17)
- Employee Engagement (24)
- Employee Handbooks (18)
- ERTC (23)
- FFCRA (7)
- HR (211)
- MP Insider (13)
- Payroll (49)
- PFML (9)
- PPP (23)
- PTO (5)
- Recruiting (31)
- Remote Work (35)
- Return to Work (30)
- Unemployment (1)
- Wellness (18)