Has your accountant mentioned the Employee Retention Tax Credit (ERC)? An ERC is a financial benefit from the federal government that employers receive in the form of a refundable, advanceable tax credit. Many employers will be able to claim up to $33,000 per employee. (MP’s payroll services experts have been able to help hundreds of clients claim an ERC of over $100,000 with our ERC services.) For those employers that are still unsure if their business or nonprofit organization might be eligible for an ERC, MP’s HR and payroll experts offer simple qualifying questions. Just one “yes” answer may be enough to qualify an organization for significant pandemic financial aid via an Employee Retention Credit.
16 Critical ERC Eligibility Questions
1. Did your business ever need to operate at a lowered capacity during the pandemic?
2. Was your business ever impacted in its ability to serve clients or customers due to supplier chain issues during the pandemic?
3. Were employee hours ever limited by government orders?
4. Did you need to reduce hours to clean and sanitize?
5. Did you need to reduce hours to limit the selling of alcohol?
6. Were your employees ever unable to use your physical workspace or your organization’s physical assets?
7. Did your employees ever need to work remotely, resulting in a limitation on their performance?
8. Was there every any restriction on the use of your organization’s physical space, thus affecting its ability to serve customers and clients?
9. Did your business ever have a limitation on its gatherings, thus affecting its operations?
10. Was there ever a partial or complete shutdown of your organization?
11. Were your employees ever unable to go to work due to the pandemic or government orders?
12. Did any government orders obstruct your business from operating at its maximum capacity?
13. Were your employees ever restricted from working on-premises?
14. Did your clients or customers need to socially distance in your business locations?
15. Were your hours limited in any way?
16. Did your business ever experience a disruption from your service providers?
Are your managers trained on MA PFML and discrimination protections? Register for the webinar.
Get the latest HR and compliance updates from Washington. Register for the webinar.
- 6 Best Practices for Encouraging COVID Vaccination and Maintaining HR Legal Compliance: Part 1
- New COVID Vaccination Mandates: 3 Things Employers Must Know
- Reducing Legal Risk in 2022 and Preventing COVID Lawsuits
- HR Compliance for I-9 Forms and Remote Workers: 2 Options
- 2021 Recruiting Tips: 4 Job Postings to Attract Diversity
- ACA (3)
- BizFeed (6)
- Business Strategy (61)
- COBRA (5)
- Compliance (66)
- COVID-19 (81)
- Diversity (8)
- eBooks (15)
- Employee Engagement (17)
- Employee Handbooks (9)
- ERTC (21)
- FFCRA (7)
- HR (173)
- MP Insider (13)
- Payroll (44)
- PFML (9)
- PPP (23)
- PTO (4)
- Recruiting (19)
- Remote Work (28)
- Return to Work (23)
- Uncategorized (1)
- Unemployment (1)
- Wellness (13)