It’s the last quarter of 2023, and we continue to find the talent acquisition landscape evolving at an unprecedented pace. To navigate this constantly evolving terrain, it’s essential to look at the trends—and challenges—shaping the future of recruiting. But before we do, let’s not forget that one of the biggest unforeseen challenges facing recruiting has been the Great Resignation. For us to thrive after this unprecedented period, it’s vital to keep moving forward, and recognize that adaptability is key to recruiting success.
But what if your recruiting process is less than efficient? While you might not want to admit it, (or maybe you haven’t had a chance to focus on it), a company’s hiring practices and processes are the most important things are tied to the health and well-being of your company’s success. After all, our employees are what enhance (or hinder) the success of our company.
What can be more important than the ability to attract the best candidates? Outdated, inefficient hiring practices can do more than impede business—they could be one of the primary causes of the best candidates slipping through your fingers.
So, what can you do to attract the best and brightest? In this post, we present the top 8 recruiting trends and challenges, and provide you with actionable steps to address them.
Top Recruiting Trends (and Helpful Hints for Addressing Them)
While many an article has been written about each of the challenges called out below, we wanted to give you a good starting point for addressing those areas where you may require assistance.
Trend 1: Remote Work Expectations.
Many job seekers now prioritize remote work options when looking for employment. With a marked increase in companies now offering remote work, expectations of being able to work remotely are also increasing among candidates.
- Strategy: Consider offering flexible work arrangements and optimizing your virtual onboarding process to appeal to a wider talent pool.
Trend 2: Candidate Experiences.
Candidates expect a smooth and personalized application process. They expect recruiters to reply to their emails, texts or phone calls in a reasonable amount of time, and answer questions they deem important. Numerous back-and-forth conversations not only cut down on the efficiency of the process, but also give prospective candidates a taste of how well (or not) your company communicates.
- Strategy: Streamline your application process. Prioritize the candidate experience by simplifying your application process and providing timely feedback to candidates, which some HR teams may not have the bandwidth to do. Remember, it’s about the candidate. Overall, you want to ensure a positive journey for candidates from start to finish.
Trend 3: Employer Branding.
Competition for top talent demands a strong employer brand. If prospective candidates are unfamiliar with, or have not heard amazing things about your company, it’s essential to pump up your brand.
- Strategy: Make your organization more appealing to top candidates by enhancing your employer branding efforts. Showcase your company culture by offering employee testimonials and social responsibility initiatives to help you stand out in an uber-competitive talent market. In addition, prospective talent will often look at on-line reviews from employees and partners to ensure that what they’re seeing on your website is consistent with what they’re reading about on social media and business sites. MP experts seamlessly integrate into your HR team, understanding brand identity and communicating the employer’s brand effectively.
Trend 4: Data-driven recruitment.
While your recruitment decisions are based on data, collecting and analyzing data can be complex, confusing and often frustrating.
- Strategy: Don’t give up! Talk with trusted advisors, partners and experts in the field to find and implement appropriate data analytics tools that will help you make timely, informed strategic decisions. The right data analytics tools will be able to track recruiting metrics, providing you with the most accurate information you need to gain valuable insights throughout your recruiting process. MP partners with isolved to bring you the latest technology surrounding the hiring process. This customizable platform is designed to empower organizations to streamline and optimize every aspect of their recruitment journey. Dive into this game–changing technology in our upcoming webinar!
Trend 5: Rapid Adaption.
The recruiting landscape is constantly evolving, so staying informed (while it’s helpful), can be time-consuming, especially when you may be dealing with limited recruitment resources. Being able to rapidly adapt is key.
- Strategy: Hold monthly or quarterly webinars about industry trends and best practices, and upcoming changes to federal and state regulations. Encourage key employees to mentor newer employers, helping to educate them on existing and evolving industry practices.
Trend 6: Remote virtual Interviewing.
Conducting remote interviews can be difficult, especially when using new, unfamiliar technologies.
- Strategy: Optimize your remote interviewing process by training your recruiters and hiring managers on effective remote, virtual interviewing practices. Train teams on current and proven digital technologies, as well as methods used to accurately access a candidate’s viability during a virtual interview. By taking these steps, and getting your team onboard, you will help to ensure a smooth, accurate candidate evaluation process. MP applies the latest technology and best practices for virtual interviewing.
Trend 7: Employee retention.
Once hired, retaining top talent becomes crucial for your company.
- Strategy: After hiring, focus on employee retention by concentrating on comprehensive onboarding career development opportunities, and holding regular check-ins to ensure a high degree of job satisfaction.
Trend 8: Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Automation.
It seems like every day we hear about another new AI and automation program or fantastic, all-in-one tool designed to do everything you need in no time flat bla bla bla. With all that’s going on, leveraging AI and automation in your recruiting practice can be confusing and intimidating.
- Strategy: Gradually introduce automation into your recruiting strategy. Start with routine tasks such as resume screening and scheduling interviews, gradually exploring and integrating AI tools to enhance candidate job matching and engagement. Ensure that staff are thoroughly trained so they will embrace the technology as part of their process.
These top 8 examples of recruiting trends and strategies for dealing with them offer an idea of how understanding and adapting new trends can help you attract and retain top talent. Successful recruiting strategies will often include a combination of these approaches.
No doubt, there’s a great deal more to be said and we’ll continue to bring you essential information, valuable insights, and actionable steps you can take to help improve and enhance your recruiting processes and strategies.
Learn how to improve and enhance your recruiting capabilities with MP’s technology in our upcoming webinar.
Keep up with the latest recruiting trends and best practices! Sign up to be the first to read our latest blogs, and learn about important upcoming webinars and MP and industry events.
Questions? Comments? Contact us today!
MP Recruiting – Wiring Businesses for Growth
Hiring top talent is paramount to your organization’s success—but filling open positions can be a drain on internal resource who might otherwise be focused on other strategic initiatives. MP’s experienced
recruiting team will identify your hiring needs, align them with your business goals, and efficiently hire top talent for your organization. With a systematic, metrics-driven recruitment process, we produce fast results and deliver qualified candidates at a lower cost-per-hire than contingency or contract recruiters. Learn more about MP’s recruiting solution.
- The FLSA and Child Labor Regulations: The Department of Labor Steps Up Its Focus on Child Labor Violations
- Preparing for Upcoming FLSA Changes: Revisiting the FLSA, and the Importance of Complying with Overtime Regulations
- A Brief Review of the Changes to Form I-9 and Virtual Verification
- How to Boost Employee Engagement and Retention for Your Domestic and International Workforce (Hint: Streamline payroll processes)
- How to Improve Your Recruiting Processes: Enhancing Feedback Loops Among Teams, and Harnessing the Power of Automation
- ACA (5)
- BizFeed (6)
- Business Strategy (119)
- COBRA (5)
- Compliance (127)
- COVID-19 (93)
- Diversity (12)
- eBooks (19)
- Employee Engagement (33)
- Employee Handbooks (24)
- ERTC (29)
- FFCRA (7)
- HR (272)
- MP Insider (13)
- Payroll (65)
- PFML (9)
- PPP (24)
- PTO (5)
- Recruiting (48)
- Remote Work (39)
- Return to Work (33)
- Unemployment (1)
- Wellness (22)
- December 2023
- November 2023
- October 2023
- July 2023
- June 2023
- May 2023
- April 2023
- March 2023
- January 2023
- December 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020