* Please note that this content is accurate as of the date of publication. Content may become outdated as new legislation and guidance is issued. For the most up-to-date information, follow MP’s webinars, blogs, and eBooks. Our HR services team is also SHRM-certified and can assist with questions and concerns about compliance.
Massachusetts Paid Family and Medical Leave, or MA PFML, is a new program for people whose place of work is in Massachusetts. Massachusetts PFML was designed to support workers in taking care of the health needs of themselves and their family members. Workers may apply for Massachusetts paid family leave for four circumstances:
- Bonding leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- Medical leave for a worker’s own serious health condition
- Family leave to care for a family member with a serious health condition
- Family leave to care for a family member with a serious health condition that relates to military service
If you’re looking for resources on MA PFML, trust MP’s HR services team for some guidance. These webinars and blog articles cover topics such as who’s eligible for MA PFML, the application process, how long a worker can take MA PFML for, retaliation concerns, and what employers can do while their staff is out on leave. You can also trust MP to keep you updated with all the new guidance and changes to the program.
For more detailed questions and advice, consider reaching out to MP. Learn how our HR consulting experts can help you handle this complex legislation (in addition to our many other HR solutions).